Using Kaltura Media in Canvas
April 28 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
In this workshop we will explore the various tools and features for creating and sharing media in Canvas.
Kaltura is used for hosting instructional media and provides access to tools for creating and sharing media to support teaching and learning and is available within Canvas for instructors and students to access.
Download the Kaltura Personal Capture software to create recordings using our web camera, microphone, and computer screen. Access and manage Kaltura My Media library in Canvas and embed media into courses using the Rich Content Editor. Request auto-generated closed captioning for media and use the caption editor to improve accuracy.
This is a beginner level workshop for instructors who would like to create and use instructional media in their Canvas courses, and for those who are just getting started with these tools.
- Download the Kaltura Personal Capture software to your computer
- Gain skills for recording media using your web camera and computer screen
- Access and manage your Kaltura media library in Canvas
- Embed Kaltura media using the Rich Content Editor in Canvas
- Locate learning and support resources on Using Kaltura media in Canvas