We offer a variety of scheduled trainings and workshops each term, as well as by appointment or drop-in at the Tech Hub. This includes:
- Individual – for online learning, multimedia, features in Canvas (Chemeketa’s LMS) and accesibility.
- Customized – for small groups, academic programs or departments.
- Quarterly Workshops – a regular schedule of short workshops on instructional technology and pedagogy, media production, and accessiblity.
- Intensive Courses – the Hybrid Workshop and eLearn Institute offer comprehensive training over several weeks for instructors wanting to teach hybrid or online courses.
Canvas for Instructors – Online Course
This online course is designed to help instructors learn Canvas. The course features screenshots, videos and quick links to learn the varaious features of Canvas. All instructors have been enrolled in this course.
There are three learning pathways to choose from, all of which include a badge for completing each:
- Canvas Essentials – all instructors using Canvas should complete this pathway.
- Canvas Mastery – instructors using Canvas for Hybrid and Online courses should complete this pathway.
- Canvas Exemplary – this learning pathway is optional but encouraged for all instructors.
Access the Canvas for Instructors course.
Ready yourself for teaching online
New to online teaching? This workshop will prepare you. This online workshop focuses on the pedagogy of online learning and prepares instructors to develop and shape instruction for an online course at Chemeketa. It addresses online course design, faciliation, and developing quality learning experience for online student. The activities support course development that is aligned with established best practices as exemplified by the Chemeketa Quality Online Instruction initiative (QOI) and Quality Matters standards.
Workshop activities will allow you to develop and demonstrate the skills necessary to:
- Design and structure course materials, instructional activities, and assessments to meet Quality Online Instruction (QOI) guidelines and the adopted course outcomes.
- Shape, manage and sustain student interaction and engagement.
- Employ a variety of strategies to assess learning and support achievement.
- Explore emerging technology and various types of media to support instruction.
- Engage in personal reflection and evaluation
Completion of this course is required of faculty accepting an assignment to teach an online course at Chemeketa Community College. This course needs to be taken the term prior to delivery of the online course. This workshop is entirely online with no required on-campus participation.