Here you’ll find many materials to help you with teaching at Chemeketa Community College. Process documentation, syllabus templates, the Faculty Handbook and much more.
Have a question? Head over to our support page for ways to get a hold of us.
- Index of Faculty Resources – a list of resources related to teaching including, policies, procedures, planning, instruction, student support, grading, record keeping, curriculum. Note: You must be signed in to your Chemeketa Google account to access the index.
- Faculty Handbook 2020 3rd edition – revised Fall 2020
- 2020-2021 Program Chair Handbook – guidance to Program Chairs at Chemeketa.
- College Copyright Manual – guidelines for use of copyrighted material.
- Canvas – our Learning Management System.
Teaching at Chemeketa
- Services – we support instruction with instructional desgin, accessibiliy resources, media development and other academic technology.
- Course Outlines – college-approved credit and non-credit course outlines (requires Employee Dashboard login).
- Syllabus Templates and Checklist – templates for various teaching modalities that include everything for a syllabus (revised Summer 2019).
- Outcomes and Assessment – resources for advancing work around program and course learning outcomes assessment.
- Course Interaction – effective online courses include regular and substantive interaction (RSI) with students to promote a strong sense of instructor presence in the online classroom.
- Course Reviews – we provide opportunities for instructors to gather feedback about their online courses with QOI and for face-to-face courses with GIFT.
Class List Management
- Class Lists – access class lists in My Chemeketa.
- Registration Overrides – are used when a course is full or when special permission is required for a student to register in a particular course.
- Electronic No Show Drop – is a college policy when a student does not attend a standard course or come to a mutual agreement with the instructor, either electronically or in person, by the start of the second class session or, for online courses, participate by Thursday of the first week of the term, they must be dropped by the instructor using the electronic No Show Drop process. Guidelines for no show drop are discussed here .
Many employee resources are behind a login in the employee dashboard. To access dashboard, go to dashboard.chemeketa.edu or click the button below. You’ll need your Chemeketa network username and password to log in, which may be different from your gmail and other logins.
If you need assistance with your login information, please contact the IT Help Desk at 503.399.7899 or in building 9, room 129 on the Salem Campus.