Kaltura is the system used as our college streaming media server and provides instructors access to tools for creating and sharing media to support teaching and learning.
Using Kaltura Media in Canvas
Kaltura Media is available within Canvas for instructors and students.
- Access My Media in Canvas to upload and manage media
- Embed Kaltura Media using the Canvas Rich Content Editor
- Request & Edit Closed Captioning using Kaltura REACH
- Download Kaltura Personal Capture to record media
- Ask students to submit a Kaltura Video Assignment in Canvas
- Add a Course Media Gallery to collaborate with students
- Create a Kaltura Video Quiz and capture grades in Canvas
- Download Media from your My Media library in Canvas
- Review Media Retention for storage requirements and policies
Kaltura Media Retention
Kaltura has built-in media retention policies which will automatically remove content. Review the New Retention Policies for Media.