We offer various scheduled trainings and workshops each term, as well as trainings by appointment or drop-on at the Tech Hub. This includes:
- Individual training for online learning, multimedia production, and other instructional technology.
- Individual or group training in using eLearn (Canvas), Chemeketa’s Learning Management System.
- DPR – Difference Power and Responsibility Training
- Customized trainings for small groups or departments.
- Short workshops: A regular schedule of workshops on instructional technology and pedagogy offered by the Tech Hub.
- Intensive courses: The Hybrid Workshop and eLearn Institute offer comprehensive training over several weeks.
Upcoming Events › Training
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Training. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Canvas for Instructors Online Training
Canvas for Instructors – Online Course
This online course is designed to help all instructors learn Canvas. In the course you will find details about Canvas features including screenshots, videos and quick links to learn more. All instructors have been enrolled in this course.
There are three learning pathways to choose from:
- Canvas Essentials – all instructors using Canvas should complete this pathway.
- Canvas Mastery – instructors using Canvas with Hybrid and Online courses should complete this pathway.
- Canvas Exemplary – this learning pathway is optional but encouraged for all instructors.
Access the Canvas for Instructors course.
Ready yourself for teaching online
New to online teaching? This workshop will help you prepare! Learn how to design, facilitate and assess online instruction to provide a quality learning experience for online students.
This online workshop focuses on the pedagogy of online learning and prepares instructors to develop and shape instruction for an online course at Chemeketa. It addresses online course design, development, and related issues. The activities support course development that is aligned with established best practices as exemplified by the Chemeketa Quality Online Instruction initiative (QOI) and Quality Matters standards.
Workshop activities will allow you to develop and demonstrate the skills necessary to:
- Design and structure course materials, instructional activities, and assessments to meet Quality Online Instruction (QOI) guidelines and the adopted course outcomes.
- Shape, manage and sustain student interaction and engagement.
- Employ a variety of strategies to assess learning and support achievement.
- Explore emerging technology and various types of media to support instruction.
- Engage in personal reflection and evaluation
NOTE: Completion of this course is required of faculty accepting an assignment to teach an online course at Chemeketa Community College. This course needs to be taken the term prior to delivery of the online course. This workshop is entirely online with no required on-campus participation.
Hybrid Course Development Training
Prepare yourself for teaching blended and hybrid courses
DPR - Difference, Power and Responsibility
See the following documents for more info: