Kaltura Video Quiz
Create a Video Quiz by adding questions or prompts to your videos in Kaltura. Embed a Kaltura Video Quiz in Canvas or add as an External Tool Assignment to capture the grade results.
Add a Kaltura Video Quiz as an External Tool assignment submission type in Canvas. Capture the quiz results in the Canvas Gradebook.
Kaltura Video Quiz Key Features
- Support four question types (true/false, multiple choice, open answer, reflection prompt)
- Allow students to download the questions before taking the quiz
- Include hints to quiz question answers
- Provide feedback for correct/incorrect answers
- Allow students to skip questions
- Create a Video Quiz from a YouTube video
- View the Media Analytics in Kaltura to see responses and moderate quiz retakes
Create a Kaltura Video Quiz in your My Media
- Select your Account in the Global Navigation menu in Canvas
- Select Kaltura My Media
- Select the Add New button and select Video Quiz
- Select the video from your My Media that you want to use for your quiz
- This will launch the Kaltura Quiz Editor
- Use the Quiz Editor to add questions to specific points in your video
- Select Save to save your changes
NOTE: When creating a Graded Kaltura Video Quiz in Canvas you must enter a point value for the Canvas Assignment or you will see zero points in the Gradebook (see Kaltura Video Quiz shows zero points showing in Canvas Gradebook).
Add a Kaltura Video Quiz as a Canvas Assignment
You can access Canvas at: elearn.chemeketa.edu
- Browse to your canvas course
- Select Assignments from your course Navigation Links menu
- Select the + Assignment button to create a new assignment
- Enter a title, instructions, and configure the assignment settings
- Under Submission Type, select External Tool and then select the Find button
- A pop-up window will appear
- Scroll down the list and select Kaltura Video Quiz
- Your Kaltura My Media library will display
- Browse or search for your Video Quiz and select the Embed button next to the quiz
- Select Add Item
- Configure the rest of your assignment settings and select Save or Save and Publish
The Kaltura Video Quiz will be added to your Canvas course and will create a column in your Gradebook.
Kaltura Video Quiz Results
Kaltura Video Quizzes do not display in SpeedGrader.
View the results by visiting your Kaltura My Media and clicking on Analytics. You can delete specific student attempts to allow those students to retake a video quiz.
NOTE: When creating the Kaltura Video Quiz in Canvas you must enter a point value for the Canvas Assignment or you will see 0 points in the Gradebook (see Kaltura Video Quiz shows zero points showing in Canvas Gradebook).